CMS & Covid
On Monday, August 18, 2020, our school board voted unanimously to postpone the opening of CMS to October 1, 2020.
The CMS Board of Directors includes parents, teachers, and health care providers, all of whom care deeply about our school and our students. While postponing our opening was not an easy choice for them, they all agreed it was the right way to ensure the safety of our teachers, students and families, and the community we call home. We want so badly to greet your children into our classroom, especially after missing them for so long. But we know that with the current threat of illness in our community, we would not be able to provide the same safe, loving learning environment that the CMS family is accustomed to.
The CMS board will meet again on September 14, 2020, to review new information about how COVID-19 is spreading and impacting our community and local schools. They will vote again to decide whether opening in October is the best choice for us.
Our roster is full for the 2020-2021 school year. If spaces become available, we will contact students who are already on our waiting list. If you would like your child to be on the waiting list for future academic years, please fill out an application.